Mosquitoes can be an annoying, and serious health problem, this is why a mosquito control Miami service is essential if you live in Miami or South Florida. Mosquito’s interfere with work and spoil your fun and they attack people and pets. Mosquitoes such as Aedes, Anopheles and Culex can transmit diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, dengue, filariasis and encephalitis, and West Nile virus and now Zika to people and pets.
Did you know that there are over 3,500 species of mosquitoes around the world but only about 200 species live in the United States. Florida has the largest population with 80 species of which 33 can become a real pest problem and 13 which are confirmed to transmit diseases to people and animals. However it may seem that all live in Miami.
The average mosquito takes in about 5-millionths of a liter of blood during feeding. Mosquitoes fly an estimated 1 to 1.5 miles per hour. Smelly feet are attractive to certain species of mosquitoes as is Limburger Cheese. Movement increases mosquito biting up to 50% in some research tests. A full moon increased mosquito activity 500% in one study, according to Mosquito.org.
Since every property in Miami is different our Certified IPM Practitioner can properly address your concerns and advise you on the best service option for you and your property. When you schedule your free Mosquito control consultation in Miami, your consultant will get to know you your family and associates to address any health concerns you may have. Then we will perform a complete inspection of your property to assess the point sources of mosquito infestations and recommend the best solution for you and your property.
7 Things you can do to help protect yourself and others from mosquitoes
- Dispose of tin cans, old tires, buckets, unused plastic swimming pools or other containers that collect and hold water. Do not allow water to accumulate in the saucers of flowerpots, cemetery urns or in pet dishes for more than 2 days.
- Clean debris from rain gutters and remove any standing water under or around structures, or on flat roofs. Check around faucets and air conditioner units and repair leaks or eliminate puddles that remain for several days.
- Change the water in birdbaths and wading pools at least once a week Fill or drain puddles, ditches and swampy areas, and either remove, drain or fill tree holes and stumps with mortar.
- Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools, and septic tanks.
- Check for trapped water in plastic or canvas tarps used to cover boats, pools, etc. Arrange the tarp to drain the water.
- Irrigate lawns and gardens carefully to prevent water from standing for several days.
- If ditches do not flow and contain stagnant water for one week or longer, they can produce large numbers of mosquitoes. Report such conditions to a Mosquito Control or Public Health Office. Do not attempt to clear these ditches because they may be protected by wetland regulations.
NaturePest offers you the following mosquito control & reduction services
Our state of the art Mosquito control services can protect you, your family, customers and associates from bites and diseases along with natural products that won’t contaminate your property and the environment.
Mosquito Reduction Service
Natural option available at the same price as synthetic insecticide it last between 3 to 5 days in South Florida recommended for special events.
Approximately 24-48 hours prior to your event we can perform a barrier protection service to enable you and your guest to enjoy your outdoor event.
Our mosquito barrier protection program will help reduce mosquito population greatly, approximately every 2 to 3 weeks we will service your property with the best method and product to reduce your mosquito problem.
Synthetic insecticide with insect growth regulators last 14-21 days in South Florida.
NatureMist Misting System
NatureMist automated non toxic mosquito control misting system automatically sprays a very fine mist of botanical insecticide through a series of mosquito misting nozzles installed on your property providing 24/7 mosquito protection. Whatever your requirements, a mosquito misting system can be customized to fit your yard perfectly.
Mosquito Transmitted Disease
- EASTERN EQUINE ENCEPHALITIS
- LOUIS ENCEPHALITIS
- Chikungunya virus (CHIKV)
- Dog Heartworm
- Yellow Fever
- LaCrosse Encephalitis
- Western Equine Encephalitis
- Venezuelan equine encephalitis
- Ross River fever
- Barmah Forest fever
- Japanese encephalitis
- Jamestown Canyon virus (JCV)
- California Encephalitis Viruses
- Keystone virus
- Mayaro virus (MV) disease
- Tensaw virus
- Trivittatus virus
- Snowshoe hare virus
- Tahyna virus
- Semliki Forest complex virus (Alphavirus)
- Sindbis virus
- Semliki Forest complex
- Snowshoe hare
- WEST NILE VIRUS
List Of Mosquito found In Florida
- fulvus pallens
Serving the following cities with Mosquito Control
Control Coral Terrace,FL
Model City, FL
Palm Springs North,FL
Richmond West, FL
South Miami, FL
South Miami Heights,FL